Best Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco Airport to Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco Airport – Make the best use of your time and explore the Sacred Valley fully on a 2-Day leisurely Guided Tour starting from Cusco Airport. This is a Cusco Local Friend exclusive tour crafted by local Guides so you maximize your time while you travel to the Sacred Valley and start exploring the attractions while you drive from Cusco Airport to the Sacred Valley.
This is a perfect tour for those who choose Ollantaytambo and Urubamba as the base to explore the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu and are willing to take most of their trip in the Sacred Valley visiting all the must-see sites in the area such as Pisac, Moray, the Salt Mines, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo on private tour starting right after your arrival in Cusco.
Our tour starts right after your arrival at Cusco Airport, your friendly Tour Guide will be waiting for you with your name on a sign and assist you in our private vehicle.
Why you will love this tour
- Exclusive Sacred Valley Tour from the airport that includes all the must-see sites of the Sacred Valley, don’t have to hire an extra transfer!
- Explore all Inca Sites in the Sacred Valley for a deep understanding of Inca history.
- Explore 02 of the unique sites such as Moray and the Maras Incan Salt Pools, where locals still farm the salt by hand.
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour of the Sacred Valley conducted by a friendly and Expert Cusco Local Friend™ Tour Guide.
- If you are going on a multi-day trek to Machu Picchu, this is a perfect activity to spend an Acclimatization day while exploring the best of the Sacred Valley.
- This is not the standard Bus Tour to the Sacred Valley, unlike the standard tours, we do not waste your time by stopping at commissions stores. You get to explore and experience the real Sacred Valley with a friendly local grown in the area.
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tours are in private and semi-private service so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: PRIVATE SERVICE
- Good For: Those who are willing to maximize their time in the Sacred Valley and for those who are interested in History, culture, and Scenic Views.
- Departure Point: Cusco Airport
- Ending Point: Upon clients request, Hotels in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
- Pick-up Time: Upon your Flight arrival time
- Duration: 02 Days
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- GROUP SIZE: Private Service only!
Day 01 – Pick Up from Cusco Airport to Pisac Ruins to Hotel
- Flight to Cusco, we recommend arriving before midday
- Upon arrival, we will meet you at Cusco airport and we start the adventure to the Sacred Valley right away.
- We will then drive to the Eastern side of the Sacred Valley while you enjoy the amazing scenic views of the area.
- Our first stop is at Pisac Ruins – One of the biggest archaeological sites in the Valley (it is even bigger than Machupicchu) You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain. Visit to the Pisac Market is optional so you decide whether making the stop or not.
- At your request, we can also stop at Ccochahuasi Animal Rescue center and/or Awanacancha Llama Farm.
- At the end of the tour, we drop you off at you hotel in Urubamba, Ollantaytamo
* Accommodation: is not included in the tour, although we recommend booking yours in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
Day 02 – Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour: Ollantaytambo, Moray and the Salt Mines.
- We start the Second-Day adventure to the Sacred Valley with the pickup from your Accommodation. Pickup time will be around 8 – 9 AM
- We will first explore Ollantaytambo (well known as a living museum due to old houses still inhabited by locals) explore the fascinating megalithic ruins.
- We will then driver to the amazing circular Inca Terraces of MORAY,Unique among the Inca sites in the Sacred Valley area, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory.
- After visiting these unique sites we make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is at extra cost)
- Visit the famous SALT MINES of MARAS, where locals, since pre-Inca times, have been obtaining Salt by evaporating warm salty water from the nearby spring
- Finally, if time allows, you visit Chinchero, A small town famous for its spectacular mountain views, the traditional textile weaving centers and the well-preserved Inkan ruins.
- At the end of the tour, we drop you off at either back to your Hotel or Train station in Ollantaytambo *** (in case your trip plans continue to Machupicchu)
Note on the Itinerary
*** The order of visiting the sites is flexible, is based on your Hotel location.
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Airport pickup and drop off at your Hotel on DAY 1
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off to your hotel OR Train Station on DAY 2
- Bilingual Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private transportation
- All entrance Tickets to the visited sites (In case you purchas this Tourist Pass, we will reduce the cost from the tour price)
- Complimentary water + Local morning snacks
- Travel insurance
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 290.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 280.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 270.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 260.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
- Tour Price includes all entrance fees (Boleto Turistico = Tourist Ticket), guide & vehicle!
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Comfortable car; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas