Leisurely 2-Day Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco Airport to Ollantaytambo
Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco Airport – Experience the best of the Sacred Valley and make the most of your time with our 2-Day leisurely guided tour, starting from Cusco Airport. This exclusive tour itinerary, crafted by Cusco Local Friend, allows you to maximize your time exploring the highlights of the Sacred Valley as you make your way there from the airport.
This 2-Day Sacred Valley Tour begins right after your arrival and it is a perfect tour for those who choose Ollantaytambo and Urubamba as their base to explore the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Our private tour takes you on a comprehensive journey through the Sacred Valley, visiting all the must-see sites in the area including Pisac, Moray, the Salt Mines, Chinchero, and Ollantaytambo.
If you are looking for a comprehensive multi-day trip starting from Cusco Airport, we recommend checking out our 5-Day Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour or the classic 5-Day Machu Picchu Guided Tour. These Guided tours will allow you to explore the best of the region including Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
Why you will love this tour
- Experience the best of the Sacred Valley without the hassle of extra transfers with our Exclusive 2-Day Sacred Valley Tour, starting from the airport.
- Explore all the Inca Sites in the Sacred Valley for a deep understanding of Inca history, including the fascinating Moray and Maras Incan Salt Pools.
- Embark on your Sacred Valley adventure as soon as you land at Cusco Airport, your friendly tour guide will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name.
- If you are going on a multi-day trek to Machu Picchu, this is a perfect activity to adjust to the altitude while exploring the best of the Sacred Valley.
- Unlike the standard bus tours, we do not waste your time by stopping at commission stores. You get to explore and experience the real Sacred Valley with a friendly local guide.
- Avoid crowds and enjoy a private tour at your pace. Enjoy a personal experience, and go at your own pace. You will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour.
- Pickup location: Cusco Airport
- Drop off Location: Hotels in Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, or the train station in Ollantaytambo
- Pick-up Time: Upon your Flight arrival time (It is required to arrive in Cusco before midday)
- Duration: 02 Days
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Group Size: You decide! This is a private tour so you will have the Guide and transportation only for your group.
- Difficulty: EASY – MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit. Just mobile. Suitable for Everyone, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be a couple of uphills (Inca steps). Altitude acclimatization is recommended but not mandatory.
- Customizable? Yes! Private, custom and add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any trek or tour.
Day 01 – Pick Up from Cusco Airport to Pisac Ruins to Hotel
- Flight to Cusco (It is required to arrive before midday). Upon arrival, we will meet you at Cusco airport and we start the adventure to the Sacred Valley right away.
- We will first drive to the Eastern side of the Sacred Valley while you enjoy the amazing scenic views of the area.
- Our first stop is at Pisac Ruins – the most extensive archaeological sites in the Valley (it is even bigger than Machupicchu) You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain. Whether or not to visit the Pisac Market is your choice, as it is an optional stop.
- At your request, we can also stop at a small Llama Farm on the way.
- At the end of the tour, we will take you to your hotel in Urubamba or in Ollantaytambo.
* Accommodation: is not included in the tour, we recommend booking your stay in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
Day 02 – Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour: Ollantaytambo, Moray and the Salt Mines.
- We start the Second-Day adventure to the Sacred Valley with the pickup from your Accommodation. The pickup time will be around 8 – 8.30 AM (it will be confirmed at the booking)
- We will first explore Ollantaytambo – One of the grandest Inca sites in the Sacred Valley, boasting Inca terraces, an otherworldly Temple of the Sun, a Water Temple with ceremonial fountains, and so much more.
- We will then drive to the amazing circular Inca Terraces of MORAY, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory; each terrace has a unique micro-climate with which the Incas could determine the optimal growing conditions for different crops.
- After visiting these sites we make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is not included)
- Visit the famous Salt Mines of Maras, where locals, since pre-Inca times, have obtained Salt by evaporating warm salty water from a local subterranean stream.
- Finally, if time allows, you visit Chinchero, A small town famous for its spectacular mountain views, the traditional textile weaving centers, and the well-preserved Inkan ruins.
- At the end of the tour, we will either return to your Hotel or the Train station in Ollantaytambo *** (in case your trip plans continue to Machupicchu)
Note on the Itinerary
*** The order of visiting the sites is flexible and is based on your Hotel location.
While we make every effort to follow the schedule outlined above, please note that this itinerary is subject to change due to various factors beyond our control. These factors may include strikes, political unrest, local festivals, severe weather conditions, and site closures during certain hours due to regulations beyond the control of Cusco Local Friend. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any changes or amendments resulting from these circumstances.
In some cases, we may need to modify our original schedule to accommodate these conditions. In such cases, we will offer the best alternative options available to ensure you have a memorable experience.
- Airport pickup and drop off at your Hotel on DAY 1
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off to your hotel OR the Train Station on DAY 2
- Bilingual Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private transportation
- All entrance Tickets to the visited sites (In case you purchase this Tourist Pass, we will reduce the cost from the tour price)
- Meals (Lunch or dinner)
- Travel Insurance
Book this Experience
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English-speaking tour guide; Comfortable car; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas