Explore the best of Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour from Cusco
Explore the best of the Sacred Valley and the most famed archaeological site in South America – Machupicchu; Complete this adventure with the amazing Hike to the famous Huaynapicchu Mountain (Waynapicchu Mountain) to get a bird’s eye view of the Machupicchu citadel.
Discover the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu on this 2-day tour. Visit the must-see sites in the Sacred Valley with your guide. Spend the night at Aguas Calientes, the village at the base of Machu Picchu, and rest up before catching the sunrise at the famous Inca citadel the next day. Machu Picchu is the most important historical site in the Americas. The site is one of the best remaining examples of outstanding Inca architecture and stonemasonry. The city was crafted from huge blocks of stone, carved with incredible skill to fit together without the need for mortar or cement.
This is a perfect Experience for those planning to stay in Cusco city and those willing to make the best use of their limited time in the area. If you are staying in Hotels in Urubamba or Ollantaytambo please check out our “GO PRIVATE & CUSTOMIZE” We will be happy to customize a guided trip starting from Urubamba or Ollantaytambo
Why you will love this tour
- This itinerary is great for those who are willing to maximize their time in the Sacred Valley and Machupicchu.
- Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas and its fascinating Inca ruins
- Travel surrounded by amazing landscapes on the way to Machu Picchu
- Explore the must-visit sites in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in 2 Days
- Capture photos from prime vantage points and meet the local resident – the famous Llamas
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tours are private and semi-private experiences so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace, and will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Semi-private & Private
- Departure Point: Cusco city
- Ending Point: Upon the client’s request, Hotels in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
- Duration: 2 Days
- Difficulty: EASY – MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit. Just mobile. Suitable for Everyone, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be a couple of uphills (Inca steps). Altitude acclimatization is recommended but not mandatory.
- Group Size: 2 – 6 Travelers (average of 4)
- Customizable: Yes! Go Private and customize this tour, add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any alternative Trek
Day 1 – Full Day Sacred Valley Experience
- Pick up from your Hotel will be later@6:30 AM.
- We will first visit Chinchero, A small town famous for its spectacular mountain views, the traditional textile weaving cooperatives, and the well-preserved Inkan ruins. At the end of the tour, we will drive to your Hotel.
- By midmorning, We will explore the amazing Agriculture Terraces of Moray, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory, and continue to the famous Salt Mines of Maras, where locals obtain Salt from a local subterranean water stream.
- By midday, we will make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is included in the price)
- Finally, after lunch, visit the Inca town of Ollantaytambo and explore the fascinating megalithic Ruins, learn about Inca culture and explore the local handcraft market along the way.
- At the end of the tour, we will drop you off at the Train Station in Ollantaytambo by 4 PM so they can take the late afternoon train to Aguas Calientes by 6 PM (see Day 2 Itinerary with a stay in Aguas Calientes)
- OR.. Arrival at your hotel in Cusco by 5 PM (those who stay in Cusco city)
*MEALS: Lunch is Included
Day 2 – Machu Picchu Guided Tour & optional Hike to Huayna Picchu
- The next day, before sunrise, your guide meets you at your hotel to take the bus, hop aboard your bus and take the short 25 min. journey up the hillside to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site of Machu Picchu.
- Once there, head inside along with your Guide to explore the Inka Citadel of Machu Picchu on foot and enjoy a complete guided tour of this amazing site (Guided Tour is about 3 hours approx)
- If you are interested in hiking, we recommend completing your adventure with a Hike to the famous Huayna Picchu Mountain (2.5 – Hour round trip)– Tickets are limited so need to confirm the way in advance.
- In the afternoon, take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then a private vehicle back to the same hotel or Cusco City.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Complimentary arrival Airport transfers.
- Transportation for all tours + pickups and drop-offs.
- English-speaking licensed local guide.
- Sacred Valley Tour is a semi-private tour o 2-6 people.
- Machu Picchu Guided Tour is a private service.
- For the Sacred Valley Tour: Transportation, Lunch, and Tour Guide
- For the Machu Picchu tour: round trip train tickets, Admission ticket, Shuttle Bus ticket, private Guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Meals: Except the ones indicated in the itinerary
- Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico: S/ 70 = $20 USD per person)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain/Huayna Picchu (optional and based on availability) – Extra cost ($75 USD per person)
- Travel Insurance
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 530.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 515.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 500.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 490.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
NOTICE! We would like to kindly remind you that We only run private and Semi-private hikes (up to 06 – Averaging Just 04 Travelers guaranteed) so that, we can offer a highly personalized service; offering you a more enjoyable time on the trek with more interaction between the participants.
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August, although some mornings would be a little foggy (some days very foggy in the rainy season) in Machu Picchu; Mosquito area; Lots of history about the Inca Empire; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas