Machu Picchu Private Tour from Cusco with a Local Guide
Enjoy a Machu Picchu private tour from Cusco – There’s no better way to experience Machu Picchu, the New7Wonder of the World than on a private tour. Receive full attention from your personal local guide as you learn the history of the ancient temples, terraced hills, and sacred sites. Capture great photos from the best viewpoints, meet the local resident – the llamas, and absorb spectacular views of this iconic UNESCO–listed site.
Board the Scenic Train to the Town Aguas Calientes and learn about Incas on a complete Guided Tour of Machu Picchu with a Local Guide. Avoid most of the crowds on a personal and private or semi-private experience. Spend the day exploring the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu on an all-inclusive day trip from Cusco. Explore this famous Inca hilltop city with your own private guide, and learn about its architecture, history, and daily life of residents. The journey is easy and effortless and it is on every traveler’s bucket list.
This Machu Picchu full-day tour from Cusco offers three different train ride options that you can choose from below. This exclusive tour includes transportation to and from the hotel, Train Journey from Cusco to Machu Picchu, transfer to and from the park by bus, and on-site admission tickets.
You are staying in Urubamba or the Sacred Valley area? Check out our Machu Picchu Day Tour from Urubamba, this trip is perfect for those staying in hotels and accommodations in Urubamba and Ollantaytambo area
Why you will love this tour
- This is a perfect for those staying in Hotels around Cusco city and have a limited time in the area
- Enjoy longer journey train ride experience to Machu Picchu with amazing scenic views along the way
- Explore Machu Picchu, a UNESCO-listed site on a private tour from Cusco and have personalized guided tou
- Admire the magnificent landscape, temples, prayer houses, Andean terraces and the amazing architecture
- Capture photos from prime vantage points and meet the local resident – the famous Llamas
- This is perfect for those who love to travel independently but still willing to absorb the history of Machu Picchu on a guided day trip from Cusco
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour conducted by a friendly and knowledgeable Local Tour Guide
- All our tour experiences are in private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour
- Good For: Those who enjoy riding on a scenic train and want to visit Machupicchu on a day trip
- Tour Type: PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE (2 – 4 Participants)
- Departure Point: Customer’s Hotel in Cusco.
- Ending Point: The Same or Different Hotel
- Pick-up Time: Morning time – To be Confirmed based on the Tour option
- Duration: From Cusco – 11 Hours
- Mode: Train, Walking as well as the Public shuttle bus
- Difficulty: EASY TO MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be a couple of uphills (Inca steps).
- GROUP SIZE: Semi-Private Service (2 – 4 Participants)
- Customizable: Yes! Private, custom, add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any alternative trek
Cusco - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- At the agreed time (Time to be confirmed) you will be transferred by our driver to the Train Station in Poroy or Ollantaytambo
- Then board the Expedition Train to Machupicchu Town (A.k.A Aguas Calientes)
- Upon arrival, we will meet you at the train station then, hop aboard your bus and take the short 25 min. journey up the hillside to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site of Machu Picchu.
- Once there, head inside along with your Guide to explore the Inka Citadel of Machu Picchu on foot and enjoy a complete guided tour of this amazing site (Guided Tour is about 3 hours approx)
- At end of the tour, you return to Aguas Calientes Town and have time for lunch
- Take the train back to Ollantaytambo, your driver will drive back to your Hotel either in the Sacred Valley or Cusco City.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August, although some mornings would be a little foggy (some days very foggy in the rainy season); Mosquito area; Lots of history about the Inca Empire; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Scenic Vistas