2 Day Machu Picchu Tour, An Absolute Experience Witnessing Sunset and Sunrise
Embark on a 2-day Machupicchu guided tour starting from Cusco or Urubamba. Board on the Scenic Train to the Town of Aguas Calientes and learn about Inkas on a complete Guided Tour of Machu Picchu for 2 Days. Avoid most of the crowds for a personal and private experience both in the afternoon and morning times.
The journey is easy and effortless and it is on every traveler’s bucket list. Receive full attention from your personal local guide as you learn about its architecture, the history of ancient temples, terraced hills, and sacred sites. Capture great photos from the best viewpoints both in the afternoon and morning times; meet the local residents – the llamas, and absorb spectacular views of this iconic UNESCO–listed site.
Many visitors to Machu Picchu opt to take only a day trip from Cusco or Sacred Valley, but you traveled a long way to explore an iconic site and you need to explore it in-depth as it is the main reason most travelers to Peru. Even better, you have the chance to visit Machu Picchu at 02 different times during the day. Let us plan every detail of this exciting adventure so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the experience.
Why you will love this tour
- Explore this new7wonder of the world in a leisure visit for 2 days
- Enjoy the scenic Sacred Valley by train on the way to Machu Picchu
- Get the best vantage views and photos both in the Morning and Afternoon at this iconic marvel.
- We believe that, since you came a long way from home willing to visit this New7Wonder of the world, you need to explore it in-depth as it is the main reason most travelers to Peru.
- You want a peaceful Machu Picchu experience with fewer crowds in the afternoon
- You are staying in Cusco and don’t want to take an early morning train to make a day trip to Machu Picchu
- Is capturing beautiful photos is essential to you? and you’d like to visit Machu Picchu during the golden hours? This tour is perfect for you
- You hope to catch the best weather of the day, then visiting for 2 Days gives a better chance
- This tour is perfect for those who are not in a hurry and want to rest and connect with the place as well as for those who like to enjoy every moment
- Tour Type: Semi-private & Private
- Start: Hotels in Cusco and Urubamba
- Finish: Hotels in Cusco and Urubamba
- Pick-up Time: Morning time – To be Confirmed based on the Tour option
- Duration: 02 Days
- Mode: Train, Walking as well as the Public shuttle bus
- Difficulty: EASY TO MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be many stone-made steps up and down.
- Group Size: Private and occasionally Semi-Private Service (2 – 4 Participants
- Customizable: Yes! Go Private and customize this tour, add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any alternative Trek or day tour in Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
Day 1 - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Afternoon Tour
Private transfer in the morning to Ollantaytambo Train station. Board the upgraded Class Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes (A.K.A. Machu Picchu Town) – Upon arrival, we have time for lunch in Aguas Calientes Town (Included)
Get ready for your private guided tour of Machu Picchu in the AFTERNOON! Your private guide will lead you the way to the bus station and hop on the shuttle bus up to Machu Picchu citadel.
At Machu Picchu, your guide will lead you the way to the Guard House at Machu Picchu where you’ll get the best afternoon views of this World Wonder, as well as an extended tour and explanation of the history, surrounding areas, and the sacred legend of Machu Picchu.
Following your private tour, we return to Aguas Calientes town where we stay the night
MEALS: Lunch is included
Day 2 - Machu Picchu Morning Visit - Optional Hike to Huayna Picchu - Return to Cusco
Get ready for your second visit to Machu Picchu! We will explore this iconic citadel for a full morning on a private tour with your Guide. We’ll take the bus back to Machu Picchu early in the morning, your private guide will lead you to the Guard House at Machu Picchu where you’ll get the best view of this World Wonder, as well as an extended tour and explanation of the history, surrounding areas, and the sacred legend of Machu Picchu. After the tour, optionally you can hike to Huayna Picchu Mountain (Tickets need to be booked way in advance as spaces are very limited) This hike might be unguided.
After a great time at the Incan citadel, we’ll take the bus back to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes town), where we’ll have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we’ll take the train back to Ollantaytambo train station and/or Poroy train station, here, our driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel in the Sacred Valley or Cusco city. End of the adventure.
MEALS: Breakfast at your Hotel is included
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Professional English-Spanish speaking local guide for 2 Days
- Inbound Glassroof Vistadome Train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes
- Outbound Glassroof Vistadome Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo/Cusco
- Round Trip Private Transport from your Hotel to the Train station
- Admission Tickets to Machu Picchu Inka Citadel for 2 Days
- Shuttle Bus tickets: Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu/Aguas Calientes for 2 Days
- Complimentary water and Snacks
- Accommodations on a 3-Star Hotel, we can upgrade the hotel upon request
- Meals as described on the itinerary
- Meals unless the ones mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Optional Hike to Huaynapicchu OR Machupicchu Montaña – (Need to be booked in advance as spaces are LIMITED) – $75 USD per person
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 750.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 740.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 720.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 690.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
IMPORTANT! BEFORE YOU BOOK, please check the availability with us by sending a message as spaces are limited per day.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Due to the strict regulations established by Machu Picchu Park, once you have made your booking, the space and permits that have been purchased cannot be canceled. It is also impossible to transfer the permit to someone else under a different name, nor can the date of your permit be modified. Therefore, if you are not able to arrive on the scheduled date or cancel, No refunds can be given. Note that, we will purchase the permits as soon as the confirmation of the booking is sent to you.
PASSPORT: If you have reserved the service with your old Passport then, you have renewed it; your passport number has most likely changed. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior to your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport, please inform us of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 15.00; and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute. If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed in Machu Picchu. Also, if you bring your new passport and fail to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed on the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.
What to ExpectMind-bending views with hues of the sunrise and sunset, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; An absolute exploration of Machu Picchu for 2 days; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas