Embark on a Short Inca Trail 2 Days to Machu Picchu
Short Inca Trail 2 days to Machu Picchu – This is a perfect Experience for those willing to explore the best of the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu on an amazing 2-day adventure, take the 7-hour Short Inca Trail hike which will bring you to unique Inca temples, and through the Sun Gate for your first look at Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu is without a doubt the highlight of any traveler’s trip to Peru. But reaching the famed citadel by foot along the original Inca Trail brings a whole new perspective to this mystical experience. The Inca Trail is regarded as the most famous trek in South America and is rated by many to be one of the top 5 treks in the world.
There are 2 different trek options for anyone considering the Inca Trail; you have the Short Inca Trail 2 days and the standard 4-day Inca Trail. The Short Inca Trail 2 days program is perfect for those who are relatively fit but don’t want to commit to the longer treks out there. as it is relatively easy (not quite!), plus you will have a comfortable hotel bed at the end of the walk rather than camping out in tents.
Why you will love this tour
- Discover the best of the famous Inca Trail and see Machu Picchu Citadel twice.
- Explore trail-side Incan ruins that only Short Inca Trail 2 days hikers have access to.
- Hike the short version of the Inca Trail at your own pace with a professional tour guide from Cusco Local Friend.
- Enter Machu Picchu through the Gate of the Sun, as the Incans once did.
- Spend the last day exploring the Machu Picchu ruins with a private guide at your side.
- Soak in views of snow-capped Andean peaks, cloud forest landscape, and awe-inspiring ruins sites.
- Travel & Trek with an award-winning Tour Guide Company and Operator in Peru.
- Tour Type: History, Culture, Hiking, and Adventure
- Duration: 02 Days
- Good For: Those who are willing to explore the Sacred Valley and take the 7-hour hike to Machu Picchu. Perfect for Families, couples, and Those with a sense of adventure and in good hiking shape
- Considerations: The hike itself on Day 01 will take about 6 – 7 hours; so we recommend being reasonably fit
- Distance on the Inka Trail (Day 1): 11km/ 8 miles
- Elevation: 2030m (6660ft) – 2650m (8690ft)
- Departure Point: Customer’s Hotel in Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, or Cusco City
- Ending Point: The Same or a different Hotel
- Pick-up Times: To be Confirmed
- Mode: Private Car, Train, Hiking as well as the Public shuttle bus
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate (you should be able to walk stairs up and down)
- Group Size: Private and Semi-private 2 – 8 travelers (Bigger groups, please contact us)
Day 1. Train ride to Km 104 / Hike to Machupicchu / Aguas Calientes Town
The trip starts in Hotels in Cusco, Ollantaytambo, or Urubamba Towns where you are picked up from your hotel early in the morning, then we proceed to drive to Ollantaytambo train station and board the Train which will take you to the start point of the trail (1.5 Hour approx.)
Our trek takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Short Inca Trail. Covering 10 km of the trail, our journey begins at the bottom of the valley and works its way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna. As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers, and birds along the way.
After a full day of trekking, we’ll arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate, we’ll carry on along the trail to Machupicchu citadel; The light at this time of day is great for photos; and with fewer tourists on the site, it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. We are then catching the Shuttle Bus that takes us to Aguas Calientes Town in the valley below where we’ll check into our hotel.
Day 2. Machu Picchu Citadel / Hotel (Cusco)
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 3-Hour guided tour of the site during this time, you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After the guided tour you may have some free time to explore the site by yourself and – if booked in advance – You can climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountains (Please confirm in advance so we can get these extra tickets to these Mountains) In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo where you will be met by our driver and drive to your Hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Fluent English/Spanish-speaking local guide
- Short Inca Trail Permits and Machu Picchu admission Tickets
- Transfers from Hotel to the train station and vice-versa
- Train ticket to Km. 104 and return train to Ollantaytambo or Cusco
- 3 Way Shuttle bus Tickets Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu
- Box Lunch on Day 1
- Day 1 Breakfast and day 1 dinner.
- Accommodation on the first night (hotel can be booked by us, if so, please let us know the type of hotel you’re looking for)
- Day 2 Lunch.
- Entrance Ticket to Huaynapicchu Mountain (optional activity at extra cost)
- Porters- you are responsible for carrying your own (small) backpack.
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 595.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 560.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 540.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 525.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
*** Semi-private Tour starts from $520.00 per person
NOTICE! We would like to kindly remind you that We only run private and Semi-private hikes (up to 04 – Averaging Just 02 Travelers guaranteed) so that, we can offer a highly personalized service; offering you a more enjoyable time on the trek with more interaction between the participants.
IMPORTANT! BEFORE YOU BOOK, please check the availability with us by sending a message as spaces are limited to 250 Hikers per day for this Hike
HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES: Since there are many hotel options with different rates and categories, accommodations can be booked directly by you based on your interests and budget. That’s why the hotel is not included in our cost. If you want us to book the hotel, we are glad to do it for you, just let us know the type of hotel you are looking for.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Due to the strict regulations established by Machu Picchu Park, once you have made your booking, the space and permits that have been purchased cannot be canceled. It is also impossible to transfer the permit to someone else under a different name, nor can the date of your permit be modified. Therefore, if you are not able to arrive on the scheduled date or cancel, No refunds can be given. Note that, we will purchase the permits as soon as the confirmation of the booking is sent to you.
PASSPORT: If you have reserved the service with your old Passport then, you have renewed it; your passport number has most likely changed. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior to your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport, please inform us of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 15.00; and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute. If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed on the trail. Also, if you bring your new passport and fail to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed on the Short Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas