Ausangate 7 Lakes Day Trip from Cusco
Explore one of the Highest Mountains in Peru, Ausangate on a day trip from Cusco. Avoid the massive crowds with our exclusive itinerary on a private or semi-private experience from Cusco.
Our Ausangate 7-Lake Hike allows you to see several turquoise lakes belonging to Cordillera de Vilcanota, and you will be close to the Ausangate Mountain – the fifth highest mountain in Peru. At the end of the hike, you will be able to enjoy the hot springs and admire the beauty of the surrounding mountains and the daily life of farmers in the Pacchanta community.
This is a perfect option for those who don’t have much time and is still want to see the Majestic Ausangate Mountain, the fifth highest mountain in Peru. Want to hike to go on an off-the-beaten-path and explore a lesser-known route with beautiful Lakes? This is day trip is perfect for those interested in nature and local culture
Why you will love this tour
- Enjoy a day trip to remote villages and get close to the highest mountain in Cusco, the Ausangate Mountain!
- Get off the beaten path and explore remote mountains and get close up to the mazing Ausangate Mountain along with herds of llamas, and alpacas
- Admire the beauty of the surrounding mountains and the daily life of farmers in the Pacchanta community.
- Avoid the massive crowds with our exclusive itinerary on a private or semi-private experience.
- Enjoy a deserved dip into hot springs at the end of the hike
- This is not the standard Group Tour, unlike the standard tours, we don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tour experiences are in private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private and Semiprivate (2 – 6 Participants)
- Tour duration: Full day tour
- Hiking time: 5 – 6 hours
- Activities: Hiking, culture, and nature
- Meeting location: Your hotel lobby in Cusco. We can also depart from Hotels in Urubamba
- Pick up schedule: At 4:30 am from your hotel in Cusco
- Drop off schedule: Your hotel’s front desk at 5:30 – 6 pm
- Good For: Those with a sense of adventure and in good hiking shape
- Physical rating: Moderate due to the altitude of the trail
- Elevation gain: 4,300m (14107 ft) – 4,850m(15,900ft)
- Group Size: For private tours, You decide, for the semi-private tour is 2 – 6 Travelers
- Customizable: Yes! Custom, add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any trek or multi-day tour
- Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes – lots of walking around
Cusco - Pacchanta - 7 Lakes - Ausangate Mountain
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3 in the morning, and then we will drive to our destination PACCHANTA village, which is close to the 4200 masl snowy «Ausangate Mount». In this village, we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast (7:30 in the morning) then hike into the middle of the Andes to explore the “7 beautiful Ausangate lagoons”
In the beginning, we will walk about 5 to 6 kilometers. Visit the first lagoon (approximately 1:30 hours), after which we will continue this fascinating adventure, visiting other lagoons in the middle of the Andes, this will be a 10 km hike. Approximately (5-6 hours walk).
We will return to the “PACCHANTA” community, where we will enjoy hot springs and lunch, and then we will return to Cusco after this wonderful experience.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Personal pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel
- English speaking Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private transportation and driver
- All Admission Tickets to the protected areas
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Extra horse to ride (in case you need one).
- Travel insurance.
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 190.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 180.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 170.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 160.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; A lot of Llama & Alpaca; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas