Join us on the Absolute Sacred Valley Tour with a Local Guide
Absolute Sacred Valley Tour–Explore the best of the Sacred Valley in one day! This is a perfect option for those having a very limited time but willing to take most of their trip in the Sacred Valley and visit all the must-see sites in the area such as Pisac, Moray, the Salt Mines, and Ollantaytambo on a full-day tour.
This Absolute Sacred Valley Tour itinerary is specially designed so that you do not miss any of the must-see sites of the Sacred Valley, such as Pisac Ruins, the spectacular Inca site of Moray (Circular terraces), the Salt Mines of Maras (salt pans) and Ollantaytambo. We are one of the only companies offering this EXCLUSIVE Sacred Valley Tour that includes all of the key sites in the Sacred Valley
The best of the Sacred Valley Tour is perfect for those who are interested in history, the local culture, and scenic views. It is also great for those heading to Machu Picchu on the evening train to Machu Picchu as well as for those who are planning to spend the night in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba. This tour can start from Cusco, Ollantaytambo, and Urubamba. Do you want to explore the Sacred Valley on a more relaxed tour? Check out our Sacred Valley Tour including Maras
Why you will love this tour
- Exclusive Sacred Valley Tour option that includes all the must-see sites of the Sacred Valley in one day!
- Explore the 02 major Inca Sites in the Sacred Valley for a deep understanding of Inca history.
- Explore 02 of the unique sites such as Moray and the Maras Incan Salt Pools, where locals still farm the salt by hand.
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour of the Sacred Valley conducted by a friendly and Expert Cusco Local Friend™Tour Guide.
- If you are going on a multi-day trek to Machu Picchu, this is a perfect activity to spend an Acclimatization day while exploring the best of the Sacred Valley.
- This is not the standard Bus Tour to the Sacred Valley, unlike the standard tours, we do not waste your time by stopping at commissions stores. You get to explore and experience the real Sacred Valley with a friendly local grown in the area.
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tour are in private and semi-private service so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: PRIVATE
- Good For: Those who are interested in History, culture, and Scenic views
- Departure point: Hotels in Cusco City, Ollantaytambo, or Urubamba
- Drop off point: Hotel in Cusco city, Ollantaytambo (or Train Station)
- Pick-up Time: From Cusco City – 7:00 AM; From Urubamba/Ollantaytamb – 8:30 AM
- Duration: 11 Hours approx.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- GROUP SIZE: PRIVATE TOUR – You decide!
Absolute Sacred Valley Tour Itinerary
- We start the day adventure to the Sacred Valley with the pickup from your accommodation and drive to the Eastern side of the Sacred Valley while you enjoy the amazing scenic views of the area
- Our first place to visit is Pisac, one of the biggest archaeological sites in the Valley (it is even bigger than Machupicchu) You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain. Visit the Pisac Market is optional so you decide whether making the stop or not.
- Visit a local Llama and Alpaca farm and get your best snapshot.
- Visit the famous SALT MINES of MARAS, where locals, since pre-Inca times, have been obtaining Salt by evaporating warm salty water from a local subterranean stream.
- We will then continue to the amazing circular Inca Terraces of Moray, Unique among the Inca sites in the Sacred Valley area, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory; each terrace has a unique micro-climate with which the Incas could determine the optimal growing conditions for different crops.
- After visiting these unique sites we make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is at an extra cost)
- Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo (well known as a living museum due to old houses still inhabited by locals) to explore the fascinating megalithic ruins, including the Sun Temple and the many terraces at this site.
- At the end of the tour, we will drop you off at your Hotel or Train station in Ollantaytambo (in case your trip plans continue to Machupicchu)
Note on the Itinerary
*** The order of visiting the sites is flexible, is based on your Hotel location
*** Important! This is a Full Day Excursion with an early start. This is a special tour designed for those who travel with limited time and are willing to cover all the Sacred Valley must-see sites in one single day, these sites are normally covered in 1 1/2 days hence it may be a bit rush.
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Personal pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel/Train Station
- English-speaking Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private transportation
- Complimentary water
- Sacred Valley Tourist Pass or Ticket – All Admission Tickets to the sites
- Lunch and drinks
- Travel insurance.
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 150.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 135.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 125.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 115.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
- Tour Price includes all entrance fees (Boleto Turistico = Tourist Ticket), guide & vehicle!
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas