4 Day Machu Picchu Tour, The Best Bundle Tour by Local Guides
Explore the best of Cusco, the Sacred Valley, the Rainbow Mountain, and the famed UNESCO site – Machupicchu on this amazing 4-Day Bundle Guided Adventure.
Start your adventure exploring the fascinating city of Cusco – a mix of colonial and ancient architecture, by visiting the must-do places within the city’s historical center and the surrounding sites. Journey through the Sacred Valley toward the famous Machu Picchu citadel, visiting amazing sites such as Chinchero, Moray, the salt mines of Maras, and Ollantaytambo.
Spend a day on a private guided tour to Machu Picchu with our expert local guide be amazed by the stunning scenery of the surrounding mountains as Wayna Picchu mountain. Complete your adventure exploring the natural and fascinating colors of Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain with your private local guide by your side.
This is a perfect tour for first-time visitors, couples, and small groups; especially, for those independent travelers who choose their own Hotels and are willing to make the best use of their limited time in Peru.
Why you will love this tour
- In just four days, you will see the iconic sites in Peru, including the famous Sacred Valley, the new7wonder of the world – Machu Picchu, the Rainbow Mountain and Cusco city.
- This exclusive 4-Day itinerary introduces you to the history of the Incas and the local culture as you explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy a personalized guided tour of one of the New7Wonders of the World and capture photos from prime vantage points and meet the local resident – the Llamas
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- This is an intimate semi-private experience so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace, and will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private and Semi-private
- Start: Cusco city
- Finish: Cusco city
- Pick-up Time: To be Confirmed based on the Itinerary’s daily program
- Duration: 04 Days
- Mode: Private car, Train, Walking
- Difficulty: MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit, although there is quite a lot of walking on trails with altitudes above 4000 meters above sea level (13000 feet) as well as there will be many stone-made steps up and down.
- Group Size: 2 – 6 Participants
- Customizable: YES! Go Private and customize this tour, add-ons are all available. We are happy to adjust this tour to fit your interests and travel timeframe.
Day 1. Best of Cusco city tour (5 Hours)
- Morning guided tour to introduce you to the local history, culture and food.
- We will start off with a visit to the vibrant San Pedro Market. It’s always a popular stop with guests to Cusco not just because of its vibrant colors and activity but also for the insight it provides into local life.
- The Plaza the Armas – Cusco’s town square. There are a variety of times during the tour when we find ourselves focusing on the Inca walls of Cusco, searching for the seven snakes of Siete Culebras, admiring the famous 12-angled stone of Hatunrumiyoc, or for the shape of the puma at Inca Roca.
- Lastly and surely one of the most impressive, visit Qorikancha – the Incan Temple of the Sun. This was once the most sacred Temple in Cusco, dedicated to the supreme Inca deity – The Sun God.
- Lastly and surely one of the most impressive, explore Sacsayhuaman, the Royal House of the Sun and one of the greatest stone monuments in Incan architecture. Optional farewell Lunch with a Local Andean family or toast your vacation with a Pisco Sour!
* MEALS: Not included
Day 2. Best of Sacred Valley Tour
- Pick up from your Hotel will be later@6:30 AM.
- We will first visit Chinchero, A small town famous for its spectacular mountain views, the traditional textile weaving cooperatives, and the well-preserved Inkan ruins. At the end of the tour, we will drive to your Hotel
- By midmorning, We will explore the amazing Agriculture Terraces of Moray, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory, and the famous Salt Mines of Maras, where locals obtain Salt from a local subterranean water stream.
- By midday, we will make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is NOT included in the price)
- Finally, after lunch, visit the Inca town of Ollantaytambo and explore the fascinating and megalithic Ruins, learn about Inca culture and explore the local handcraft market along the way.
- At the end of the tour, we will drop you off at the Train Station in Ollantaytambo by 4 PM so they can take the late afternoon train to Aguas Calientes by 6 PM (see Day 2 Itinerary with a stay in Aguas Calientes)
- OR… Arrival at your hotel in Cusco by 5 PM (those who stay in Cusco city)
Day 3. Machu Picchu Guided Tour
1 – Those staying in Aguas Calientes Town
your guide will meet you at your hotel, then he will show you the way to the bus station and board the 30 min, bus ride to Machupicchu park.
2 – Those staying in Ollantaytambo, Urubamba, or Cusco:
Private transfer in the morning to Ollantaytambo Train station. Board the tourist train to Aguas Calientes (A.K.A. Machu Picchu Town) – Meet your guide at the train station and hop on the shuttle bus up to Machu Picchu Park.
- Get ready for your private guided tour of Machu Picchu! Your private guide will accompany you to the Guard House at Machu Picchu where you’ll get the best view of this World Wonder, as well as an extended tour and explanation of the history, surrounding areas, and the sacred legend of Machu Picchu.
- Following your private tour (optionally) you can join us on the Hike to Huaynapicchu Mountain. Then, return to Aguas Calientes and have time for lunch
- Finally, you’ll begin your journey back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco.
*MEALS: Not included
Day 4. Rainbow Mountain Tour
- Pickup will be from Hotels in Cusco city – The exact time will be confirmed a day before.
- We proceed to drive nearly 3 hours in a private car to the trailhead where we will provide you box breakfast upon arrival to fuel up for the trek ahead of you.
- After enjoying our breakfast we start hiking. We will hike for around 2 Hours roughly until the top of the RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your trekking speed and weather conditions).
- Then we get back to the trailhead (1.5 hours roughly), where we catch our van, then we drive for one hour more to our Lunch spot Cusipata(3,250m/11,000feet) After lunch we return to Cusco arriving in your hotel around 4 PM roughly.
*MEALS: Breakfast and Lunch is included
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Complimentary arrival Airport transfer
- Transportation for all tours + pickups and drop-offs
- English-speaking licensed local guide
- Cusco Tour, Rainbow Mountain, and Sacred Valley are a semi-private group of 2-6 people.
- Machu Picchu Guided Tour is a private service
- For the Cusco city Tour: Transportation, Entrance Tickets and Tour Guide
- For the Sacred Valley Tour: Transportation, Entrance Tickets and Tour Guide
- For the Machu Picchu tour: round trip train tickets, entrance ticket, Shuttle Bus ticket, private Guide
- For the Rainbow Mountain tour: Entrance ticket, Transportation, Lunch, first-aid kit, and oxygen
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Meals: Except the ones indicated in the itinerary
- Upgrade to VISTADOME glass-roof train: $70 USD per person for a round-trip ticket
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain/Huayna Picchu (optional and based on availability) – Extra cost ($70 USD per person)
- Travel Insurance
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 790.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 775.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 755.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 745.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August, although some mornings would be a little foggy in Machu Picchu (some days very foggy in the rainy season); Mosquito area (Machu Picchu); Lots of history about the Inca Empire; Cold and windy around the top of the Rainbow Mountain; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas