5 Day Machu Picchu Sacred Valley Epic Adventure
Explore the best of Cusco, the Sacred Valley and the famed UNESCO site – Machupicchu on this amazing 5-Day Guided Adventure starting from Cusco Airport.
Start your adventure upon your arrival at Cusco Airport, with pick up and traveling to Sacred Valley where you will adjust to the altitude; You will also journey by train through the Sacred Valley toward the famous Machu Picchu citadel, enjoy the stunning scenery of the surrounding mountains as Wayna Picchu mountain. Then return to Cusco and explore this fascinating city – a mix of colonial and ancient architecture, visiting important and must-do places and the surrounding sites.
This is a perfect adventure for first-time visitors, couples, families, and small groups; for those planning to stay either in Urubamba or Ollantaytambo and willing to make the best use of their limited time in Peru–5 Day Machu Picchu Sacred Valley. Epic Adventure
Why you will love this tour
- In just five days, you will see the best that Peru has to offer, including the famous Sacred Valley, the new7wonder of the world – Machu Picchu, and Cusco city – once the capital city of the Incas.
- This exclusive 5-Day Guided Experience starts at Cusco Airport and starts the exploration in the Sacred valley so you can adjust to the altitude gradually
- The itinerary introduces you to the history of the Incas and the local culture as you explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- You will gain an insight into the fascinating and colorful culture of Peru as you travel to Machu Picchu, through the beautiful Sacred Valley
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tours are private and semi-private experiences so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace, and will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private
- Start: Cusco Airport
- Finish: Airport or Hotels in Cusco
- Pick-up Time: To be Confirmed based on your flight arrival time
- Duration: 05 Days
- Mode: Private car, Train, Walking
- Difficulty: EASY TO MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be many stone-made steps up and down.
- Group Size: Private Tour
- Customizable: YES! This is only a sample itinerary and you are able to customize this tour, add-ons are all available. We are happy to adjust this tour to fit your interests and timeframe.
Day 1 – Cusco Airport to the Sacred Valley
Flight to Cusco, we recommend arriving before midday. Meet & greet at Cusco’s airport and transit to the Sacred Valley. Staying in the Sacred Valley which is at about 9,500 ft. above sea level will help you acclimatize quicker and gradually to the altitude so you can get up and explore this beautiful region with a lower risk of getting altitude sickness.
First stop will be at Llama farm to learn about these cute SouthAmerican camelids. Then continue to the Inca ruins at Pisac and its beautiful market on the way. You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain.
Day 2 – Sacred Valley of the Incas full day exploration
Today you will visit the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, gaining some insight into the Inca history and local culture.
In the morning you will visit the Inca town of Ollantaytambo and explore the fascinating and megalithic Ruins, learn about Inca culture and explore the local handcraft market along the way.
Visit Agriculture Terraces of Moray, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory. Visit the famous Salt Mines of Moray. Visit Chinchero, A small town famous for its spectacular mountain views, the traditional textile weaving centers, and the well-preserved Inkan ruins. At the end of the tour, we will drive to your Hotel
Day 3 – Machu Picchu - Optional Huayna Picchu Mountain
Private transfer in the morning to Ollantaytambo Train station. Board the upgraded Class Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes (A.K.A. Machu Picchu Town)
Get ready for your private guided tour of Machu Picchu! Your private guide will accompany you to the Guard House at Machu Picchu where you’ll get the best view of this World Wonder, as well as an extended tour and explanation of the history, surrounding areas, and the sacred legend of Machu Picchu.
Following your private tour (optionally) you can join us on the Hike to Huaynapicchu Mountain. Finally, you’ll begin your journey back to Cusco.
Day 4 – Best of Cusco city (Sun Temple, Local market & Sacsayhuaman)
Explore Cusco city with a local guide on foot, visit the Temple of the Sun, the main religious center of the Incas, the Cusco’s main plaza, and the San Pedro Food Market.
Then visit Sacsayhuaman, the Royal House of the Sun and one of the greatest stone monuments in Incan architecture. Optional farewell Lunch with a Local Andean family or toast your vacation with a Pisco Sour!
Day 5 – Departure Day - Until next time...
Free morning and last-minute shopping. You can leave Cusco at any time during the day. We will provide a transfer to the Airport.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- All the mentioned tours during the Itinerary (Sacred Valley & Cusco city with surrounding sites, Machupicchu)
- All entrance fees for the mentioned tours (Sacred Valley, Machupicchu, Cusco)
- A private professional bilingual tour guide
- Private & comfortable transportation for tours and transfers
- Train tickets Round Trip from Ollantaytambo to Machupicchu (One-way Vistadome)
- Admission Tickets to Machu Picchu Inka Citadel
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Park Round Trip
- All transfers From/To Hotel – Train station
- Transfer In and Out – from the airport to hotel to airport
- 4-Night 3-Star Hotel accommodation in Cusco, Sacred Valley (If you book the Hotel on your own, we will deduct this from the tour price)
- Meals and Drinks
- Souvenirs and Gratuities
- Optional Hike to Huaynapicchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 1,160.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 1,130.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 1,100.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 1,090.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August, although some mornings would be a little foggy in Machu Picchu (some days very foggy in the rainy season); Mosquito area (Machu Picchu); Lots of history about the Inca Empire; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas