Sacred Valley Hike Huaypo Lake, A Walk Through The Quinoa Fields
Sacred Valley Hike Huaypo Lake Tour–Want to hike to go on an off-the-beaten path and explore a lesser-known route with a beautiful Lake? This day trip is perfect for those interested in nature, local culture, and food.
Our trip will start with our expert-certified guide picking you up from your hotel in Cusco. We’ll take you through the rolling countryside, terracotta roof highlands houses, the impeccable food at a local family’s home, and photogenic Andean villages that epitomize rural Cusco.
After 2-hour hiking we will get to the highest point, a very scenic spot, in a further direction the Urubamba range will reveal to us its staggering beauty of snowcapped mountains. From the other side, the Huaypo lagoon will draw us with its stunning beauty and size, this place will be a perfect one to photograph the Andean scenery.
This all-inclusive hike is a great way to spend an acclimatization day experiencing the intriguing culture of Peru, enjoying a wonderful Peruvian lunch prepared by our local hosts, and exploring interesting local farmlands and lakes. A perfect option for those who are going on multi-day treks such as the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Lares Trek, Ausangate Treks as these treks are more strenuous high altitude treks and they need some acclimatization in lower altitudes with some day hikes–Sacred Valley Hike Huaypo Lake Tour.
Why you will love this tour
- Hike the lesser-known Trail through the rolling countryside, terracotta roof highlands houses in the Sacred Valley.
- Perfect day hike for those who need acclimatization before any multi-Day Trek around Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Get off the beaten path and explore cute villages and mountains and get close up to the local people
- Experience and have lunch at a local Quechua family’s home while listening to unique stories from them.
- Admire the beauty of the surrounding mountains and the daily life of farmers in the mountains of the Sacred Valley.
- All our tour experiences are private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private and Semiprivate (2 – 6 Participants)
- Tour duration: Full day tour,
- Hiking time: 4 – 5 hours
- Activities: Hiking, culture, and nature
- Good for those who need acclimatization before going on a multi-day trek around Cusco and Machu Picchu
- Meeting location: Your hotel lobby in Cusco. Private Tours can also depart from Hotels in Urubamba
- Pick up schedule: At 7.30 am from your hotel in Cusco
- Drop off schedule: Your hotel’s front desk at 5:30 – 6 pm
- Physical rating: Moderate due to the altitude of the trail
- Elevation gain: 3,400m (14107 ft) – 3,750m(15,900ft)
- Group Size: Semi-private tour is based on 2 – 6 Travelers
- Customizable: Yes! Go private and customize this day hike. Choose your pickup location and drop-off location anywhere in Cusco or the Sacred Valley. Add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any trek or multi-day tour
- Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes – lots of walking around
Cusco - Sacred Valley - Quinoa and Potato Fields
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7.30 in the morning, and then we will drive for 1 hour to the beginning of the trail, at this place, we will make our day packs ready for a 4-hour hike, we will follow a local trail that connects farmlands with homes, as we will get the uphill section we will see Huaypo lagoon nestled in the middle of hills and surrounded by quinoa crops.
After 2-hour hiking we will get to the highest point, a very scenic spot, in a further direction the Urubamba range will reveal to us its staggering beauty of snowcapped mountains. From the other side, the Huaypo lagoon will draw us with its stunning beauty and size, this place will be a perfect one to photograph the Andean scenery. After a while, we will descend for 45 minutes to reach the local family’s home, where we will have a great feast (Pachamanca lunch) while listening to their unique stories from this place and lagoon.
After having a great succulent lunch, we will drive to Maras salt ponds, where your private guide will deliver great information about this site and you will learn about the processing and methods to make a proper salt.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Personal pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel
- English speaking Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private transportation and driver
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Travel insurance
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 180.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 170.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 160.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 150.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
What to ExpectBreathtaking views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas