Best of Cusco City Tour is the Starting Point for your Adventure in Cusco
Explore the real Cusco City up close and personal on a private tour with a friendly Local Guide. This tour covers all the must-see attractions up-close in the historical heart of Cusco city, and the surrounding area; providing an introduction to the fascinating history, architecture, and culture of this great city.
The best of Cusco city tour combines the best historic and cultural sites in and around Cusco. This amazing city was considered the center of the world to the Incas, the heart of their empire, a UNESCO world heritage site. Sitting up at an altitude above 11,000 feet, it is a perfect location to allow your body to adjust properly before trekking in higher elevations. If you’re looking for a break from the standard tourist attractions, this tour is for you
In this fascinating tour of Cusco, we’ll first be walking and visiting the iconic attractions within the city, learn about local daily life at San Pedro Market, stroll through the heart of modern Cusco, the Plaza the Armas with its cathedral, learn of the finest architecture at the Incan Temple of the Sun. Then, drive to the amazing fortress-like Inca temple of Sacsayhuaman and get vantage views of Cusco city
If your time in Cusco is limited, this tour is perfect as it will introduce you not only to the city but also to one of the biggest Inca sites just outside the city – Sacsayhuaman. Want to focus on the city itself? check out our Cusco City Walking Tour.
Why you will love this tour
- Walk through Cusco’s historic district.
- Stroll through the traditional streets and alleys
- Find out the meaning of the street’s names
- Compare the Incan & Colonial architecture
- Visit the Local Market and sample local fruits
- Learn about the finest Inca architecture at the Sun Temple
- Be amazed by the stonework in Sacsayhuaman and Qenqo
- Take panoramic views of Cusco from a unique lookout point.
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour of the Cusco city & surroundings conducted by a friendly and Knowledgeable Tour Guide
- This is not the standard Group Tour, unlike the standard tours, we don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tour experiences are private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private & Semi-private (2 – 6 Participants)
- Departure point: Tour departs from Hotels in Cusco City center
- Morning Tour Meeting Time: at 8 – 9 AM
- Drop off point: Plaza de Armas
- Duration: 8 Hours approx.
- Difficulty: Easy
Cusco City's Main Square - Sun Temple - Sacsayhuaman - Llama Farm - Local Market
- Meeting time will be no later than 9 am
- We will first drive up out of the city and visit the Unesco world heritage site of Sacsayhuaman, located on a steep outcropping overlooking Cusco, this Inca site is composed of massive boulders was an important fortified religious and ceremonial Temple. You will have great views overlooking the city of Cusco.
- Return by private transport to the City to take you to local sites not included in most other city tours. First we will visit the bustling San Pedro market, where many Locals start their day and we will take a tour of the stands that sell everything from fruits and vegetables, meats and medicinal plants.
- You will then be led on a tour of the most important historical sites of Cusco including the Plaza de Armas and the Main Cathedral (Access to the interior is optional and admission tickets is NOT INCLUDED)
- We will also visit Qoricancha – Sun Temple, which was the most sacred Inca temple dedicated Sun God. When the Spaniards arrived to Cusco, they demolished the temple, using the existing foundation on which to build a colonial church.
- At the end of the tour, we will walk you back to your hotel.
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Personal greet and meet at your hotel
- Bilingual Local Friend Tour Guide
- Private Transportation to the Ruins outside the City
- Entrance Tickets to sites we visit (Tourist day pass to the Ruins + Sun Temple)
- Complimentary Water & Snack
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 110.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 100.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 95.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 90.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
Prices are based on private and semi-private service (intimate small group), our tours are limited to 6 participants on a group led by experienced tour guides.
What to ExpectWalk by typical alleyways learning their Quechua names and stories behind them. Learn about Colonial and Incan architecture as you make your way to the San Pedro Market. Sample local fruits at the San Pedro market as well as witness the daily life of locals at this market. Get some great snaps with llamas at a farm with; Friendly English-speaking fun tour guide; Your journey is your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas