Join us on our Exclusive Cusco City Walking Tour & Food Market
Discover the real Cusco City up close and personal on a private walking tour with a friendly Local Guide. Walking Tour is the best way to see the most important sights within the city, such as the Historical City Center, a concise intro to the city’s fascinating history & culture. If you’re looking for a break from the standard tourist attractions, this tour is for you.
In this fascinating historical center walking tour of Cusco, we’ll be walking and visiting the iconic attractions in Cusco, learn about local life at San Pedro Market, the heart of modern Cusco – the Plaza the Armas, with its cathedral, our final stop, and surely one of the most impressive, is Qorikancha, the Incan Temple of the Sun.
If your time in Cusco is limited or whether you have specific interests and sites you want to visit then we offer a full custom private tour service to enable you to see the Cusco you want to see at your own pace. Our daily Cuco Walking Tour does a great job of showing you the Cusco that most tourists miss, but we also understand that there are times when you need to see more, check out our Best of Cusco City Tour and explore beyond Cusco city.
Why you will love this tour
- Walk through Cusco’s historic district
- Stroll through traditional Streets and alleys
- Find out the meaning of the street’s names
- Compare the Incan & Colonial architecture
- Visit the Local Market and sample local fruits
- This is not the standard Group Tour, unlike the standard tours, we don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tour experiences are private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace and you will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private & Semi-private Tour (2 – 6 Participants)
- Departure point: Tour departs from Hotels in Cusco City center
- Morning Tour Meeting Time: at 8:30 am.
- Afternoon Tour Meeting Time: at 2:00 pm
- Drop off point: Upon request of the client
- Duration: 3.5 Hours approx.
- Difficulty: Easy
Cusco City - Typical Alleys - Local Market
- Meeting time will be confirmed by the customer, whether interested in the MORNING OR AFTERNOON TOUR (8 AM OR 2 PM)
- You will then be led on a guided walking tour of the most important historical sites/streets of Cusco city including the following sites:
- Visit to the vibrant San Pedro Market. It’s always a popular stop with guests to Cusco not just because of its vibrant colors and activity but also for the insight it provides into local life.
- The Plaza the Armas, which was once known as Huacaypata, the place of tears, a fitting name for the site where Túpac Amaru II was quartered in the late 1700s after his unsuccessful Inca rebellion against the Spanish
- There are a variety of times during the tour when we find ourselves focusing on the Inca walls of Cusco, searching for the seven snakes of Siete Culebras, admiring the famous 12-angled stone of Hatunrumiyoc, or for the shape of the puma at Inca Roca.
- OPTIONALY, and surely one of the most impressive, visit Qorikancha – the Incan Temple of the Sun. This was once the most sacred Temple in Cusco, dedicated to the supreme Inca deity – The Sun God.
- At the end of the day, we will drop you off at the CITY TOWN’S SQUARE (PLAZA DE ARMAS)
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments. On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
- Personal greet and meet at your hotel
- Bilingual “Cusco Local Friend” Tour Guide
- Sampling fruits at the Market
- Transportation (in case you are staying out of the city center)
- Water, Gratuities.
- Entrance Tickets to Sun Temple (If tour is extended to this site)
Prices per person
|#||Price / Person||Book Now|
|1 People||We have special rates for SOLO travelers. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
|2 People||$ 65.00||Enquire Now|
|3 People||$ 55.00||Enquire Now|
|4 People||$ 50.00||Enquire Now|
|5 People||$ 45.00||Enquire Now|
|6+ People||We have special rates for groups over 6ppl. Get started by filling out the information below.||Enquire Now|
Prices are based on private and semi-private service (intimate small group), our tours are limited to 8 participants on a group led by experienced tour guides.
What to ExpectWalk by typical alleyways learning their Quechua names and stories behind them. Learn about Colonial and Incan architecture as you make your way to the San Pedro Market. Sample local fruits at the San Pedro market as well as witness the daily life of locals at this market. Friendly English-speaking fun tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Train journeys
- Scenic Vistas