Enjoy a Full-day Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco to Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
During this Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco, visit the amazing Inca ruins of Pisac overlooking the Valley, famous for its massive agricultural terraces. Explore Ollantaytambo archaeological site, famous for its Temple of the Sun built with massive stones boulders that will leave you speechless; The quaint village of Chinchero, a town of famous Andean weavers; Maras salt pans, where locals still farm salt by hands as Inca used to do it; Moray, a unique place where the Incas built the terraces in circular shapes to get types of microclimates in order to use to get the plants acclimated. At the end of the tour, you can choose to return back to Cusco or move to Urubamba & Ollantaytambo.
This Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco to Ollantaytambo/ Urubamba is perfect for those interested in learning about the Inca History and local culture as we will be spending plenty of time at the Inca sites exploring the key points within these sites as well as you will be able to immerse in the local culture by visiting the local market and some cool local places.
Why you will love this tour
- Join on this Exclusive Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco and explore the must-see sites within the Sacred Valley and get a deep understanding of the Inca History!
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour of the Sacred Valley conducted by a friendly and knowledgeable local Tour Guide.
- Explore the best of Pisac Inca Ruins, make a scenic hike through the amazing Inca terraces and buildings
- Stroll through the traditional Streets of Ollantaytambo town
- Visit a local market, taste the local fruits and snacks, and get immersed in the local culture
- This is not the standard Bus Tour to the Sacred Valley, unlike the standard tours, we do not waste your time by stopping at commission stores. You get to explore and experience the real Sacred Valley with a friendly local who will show you his/her homeland.
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tour experiences are private and semi-private so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace, and will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions, and be involved during the tour.
- TOUR TYPE: History, Culture and Scenic views
- MEETING LOCATION: Customer’s hotel in Cusco city
- PICK-UP TIME: Around 7 AM.
- END LOCATION: Customer’s hotel in the Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo, Urubamba)
- DURATION: 8 – 10 Hours Approx.
- DIFFICULTY: EASY – MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit. Just mobile. Suitable for Everyone, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be a couple of uphills (Inca steps). Altitude acclimatization is recommended but not mandatory.
- GROUP SIZE: Private Tour so you decide the size of your group
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Yes! Custom, add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any trek or tour
- INCLUSIONS: Guide, Transportation and Entrance Tickets
Sacred Valley Guided Tour from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
We start the day’s adventure to the Sacred Valley with the pickup from your accommodation and drive to the Eastern side of the Sacred Valley while you enjoy the amazing scenic views of the area.
We will first visit Pisac Ruins – One of the biggest archaeological sites in the Valley (it is even bigger than Machupicchu) You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain. Visit the Pisac Market is optional so you decide whether to make the stop or not. However, on Sundays, this is a must-see place.
The next site you visit is the amazing Inca Terraces of Moray, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory; each terrace has a unique micro-climate with which the Incas could determine the optimal growing conditions for different crops.
Then visit the famous Salt Mines of Maras, where locals, since pre-Inca times, have obtained Salt by evaporating warm salty water from a local subterranean stream.
After visiting the prior sites, we make a stop at a local restaurant for a deserved lunch (Lunch is at extra cost) At your request.
Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo (well known as a living museum due to old houses still inhabited by locals) and explore the fascinating megalithic ruins, including the Sun Temple and the many terraces at this site.
At the end of the tour, we can drop you off at either your Hotel or Train station in Ollantaytambo *** (in case your trip plans continue to Machupicchu) OR return to Cusco
Note on the Itinerary
*** The order of visiting the sites is flexible, is based on your Hotel location.
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English-speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas