Best Sacred Valley Tour from Ollantaytambo / Urubamba to Cusco
Explore the best of the Sacred Valley from Ollantaytambo or Urubamba – This is a perfect tour option for those who choose Ollantaytambo as the base to explore the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu and are willing to take most of their trip in the Sacred Valley visiting all the must-see sites in the area such as Pisac, Moray, the Salt Mines, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo on a full-day.
Enjoy a full-day private tour exploring the Sacred Valley highlights from Ollantaytambo, at the end of the tour, you can choose to return back to Ollantaytambo or move to Cusco. This is a perfect option for those staying in Ollantaytambo and Urubamba as well as for those who are heading back to Cusco after visiting Machu Picchu!
The Sacred Valley Tour from Ollantaytambo is specially crafted so that you do not miss any of the must-see sites of the Sacred Valley, such as Pisac Ruins, the spectacular Inca site of Moray (Circular terraces), the Salt Mines of Maras (salt pans) and Ollantaytambo. Do not see a perfect tour? No problem! Check out our Custom Sacred Valley Tour, and make your tour from scratch.
Why you will love this tour
- Explore all the must-see sites of the Sacred Valley starting from Ollantaytambo!
- Enjoy a personal and flexible private guided tour of the Sacred Valley conducted by a friendly and Expert Local Tour Guide
- This tour is perfect for those who choose Ollantaytambo as the base to explore the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Explore Ollantaytambo, Moray, the Maras Incan Salt Pools, where locals still farm the salt by hand as the Incas used to do it centuries ago.
- If you are going on a multi-day trek to Machu Picchu, this is a perfect activity to help you with Acclimatization while exploring the best of the Sacred Valley
- This is not the standard Bus Tour to the Sacred Valley, unlike the standard tours, we do not waste your time by stopping at commission stores. You get to explore and experience the real Sacred Valley with a friendly local who will show you his/her homeland.
- We don’t follow the crowds, while we include the must-see highlights in this tour; we make every effort to avoid most of the crowds.
- All our tours are private and semi-private experiences so you enjoy a personal experience, go at your own pace, and will be able to talk to your guide and ask questions and be involved during the tour.
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Good For: Those who are interested in History, culture, and Scenic views
- Pickup location: Hotels in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba
- Drop off Location: Hotel in Cusco city
- Pick-up Time: @7:30 – 8 AM (Based on the tour option you choose)
- Duration: 9 Hours approx.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Group Size: You decide!
- Difficulty: EASY – MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit. Just mobile. Suitable for Everyone, although there is quite a lot of walking, there will be a couple of uphills (Inca steps). Altitude acclimatization is recommended but not mandatory.
- Customizable: Yes! Private, custom, and add-ons are all available. You can add this tour to any trek or tour
Full Day Sacred Valley Tour from Ollantaytambo
- We start this day adventure to the Sacred Valley with the pickup from your Accommodation in Ollantaytambo. Based on the tour option you choose, you will visit the following sites:
- Visit Ollantaytambo Ruins – One of the grandest Inca sites in the Sacred Valley, boasting Inca terraces, an otherworldly Temple of the Sun, a Water Temple with ceremonial fountains, and so much more.
- Visit the amazing Inca Terraces of Moray, unique among the Inca sites in the Sacred Valley area, believed to be an elaborate agricultural laboratory; each terrace has a unique micro-climate with which the Incas could determine the optimal growing conditions for different crops.
- Then visit the famous Salt Mines of Maras, where locals, since pre-Inca times, have obtained Salt by evaporating warm salty water from a local subterranean stream.
- Around midday, we make a stop for a deserved lunch.
- We also drive to the Eastern side of the Sacred Valley, visiting Pisac Ruins – one of the biggest archaeological sites in the Valley (it is even bigger than Machupicchu) You will be amazed by the stunning Incan farming terraces and the fort-like ruins of an Inkan village on the top of the Mountain.
- At the end of the tour, we will continue to Cusco city and we drop you off at your Hotel
*** The order of visiting the sites is flexible and is based on your Hotel location
- Hotel Pickup (it can be from Hotel or the train station); and drop-off at your Hotel
- Professional English-speaking Local Guide
- Private transportation
Does Not Include:
- Sacred Valley Pass (We can add to your tour)
- Lunch (You can add to your tour)
Note on the Itinerary
Although we do our very best to adhere to the schedule listed above, this itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control. Reasons which may include incidents in the location where the trip will be operated, strikes, political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme bad weather, flight cancellations, and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Cusco Local Friend and that Cusco Local Friend is not liable for such changes or amendments.
On some occasions, these conditions may demand us to deviate from our original schedule, in which case we will provide the best available alternative options. And we’ll make a great experience of it! However, some extra expenses may be incurred, these extra expenditures will be covered by the client in their totality and not by Cusco Local Friend.
What to ExpectImpressive views, mild to hot temperatures although kind of windy at some places in the afternoons; mostly sunny days during the months of May, June, July, and August; Stops at scenic spots en route; Friendly English speaking tour guide; Your journey your way!
Why Travel with us
Cusco Local Friend has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence due to the most consistent 5-star reviews in Cusco, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu for exceptional levels of service and care.
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas
- Local Culture
- Scenic Vistas