Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Dear Friends, Travellers and Clients!
Thank you very much for choosing Cusco Local Friend! The Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs from your home country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:Cusco Local Friend is a family-owned Tour Guide company and direct local tour operator based in Cusco. We specialize in personalized tours and experiences while providing high-quality service to our clients. We are a fully licensed company with the relevant licenses needed to run a company. As an official tour operator, we are compliant with all local laws and are always updating anything needed to ensure we are running an equitable business.
- Our brand: CUSCO LOCAL FRIEND
- Our business Trading Name: Grupo Cusco Local Friend S.A.C
- Tax License: RUC: 20605092358
Cusco Local Friend operates in regions where standards of accommodation can vary. Transportation and services might not be like those you would normally have back home. However, we strive with all due care and skill, to provide the best service for our clients. Traveling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and an understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances or occurrences beyond our control for example a strike, protest, landslide, bad weather, etc. (Force Majeure). By booking any of our tours & treks you agree to allow Cusco Local Friend to make necessary changes without liability.
Force Majeure is an event that Cusco Local Friend cannot even with all due care foresee, control, or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire, or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Cusco Local Friend will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips. (this is a last option of course!)
Incremental charge in case of protests or strikes (Force Majeure)
In the event of a protest or strike( which is not uncommon in Cusco) it may be necessary to leave a day or even two days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case, there may be an additional fee, depending on the situation.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Lares, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Vilcabamba trek and more) you assume the risks associated with personal accidents, medical emergencies, air travel problems etc. For these treks, Cusco Local Friend Tour Guide Company accepts no responsibility.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses (including rescue and air ambulance) and emergency repatriation. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. You can use a travel insurance comparison website to search and compare over 250 travel insurance plans to find the best policy to best suit your needs.
Once you have purchased travel insurance, please forward a copy of the insurance company name and policy number by email or bring the information when you come into our office.
HOLIDAY OR ELECTION INCREMENTS
An extra charge of $35 USD per person is applicable for all treks (regardless of group / private option / size of group) starting on any of the following dates:
- Christmas (Dec 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th)
- New Year (Dec 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st).
An extra charge is also applicable if a trek leaves during election days. ( Peruvians are fined if they do not vote)
***We use the extra charge to pay staff a bonus for working during holidays or to pay fines for not voting.
SENDING YOUR PRIMARY DEPARTURE DATE AND BACKUP DATE
By providing us with a primary date and a secondary date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, Tour to Machu Picchu, Choquequirao etc) you automatically authorize Cusco Local Friend to use either of those dates for your reservation. After we have received your booking form and have confirmed that your deposit was made successfully. Cusco Local Friend will send you the final re-confirmation via email, also to re-confirm the exact departure date of your trek. You should receive the re-confirmation email within 48 hours.
SENDING US YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS FOR BOOKING
Your passport number and other personal information must be valid. Please advise us immediately if your passport number changes after booking your tour. This is especially important for booking any trek or tour to Machu Picchu.
- According to Peruvian law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need ISIC cards). For example, if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 12 to 17 years, the discount is $40.
- For children from the age of 2 to 12 the discount is $60.
- For children from the age of 0 to 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAKING A RESERVATION AND PAYMENT OF YOUR DEPOSIT:
1.- In order to make a reservation for a Tour & Trek with Cusco Local Friend, the client is required to make a US$200 deposit, The deposit can be sent through PayPal or VISA, which will incur a 5.5% PayPal or visa merchant fee paid by the traveler. This deposit is non-refundable. Upon making a reservation, regardless of the reservation method, Cusco Local Friend assumes that the client has read the Terms and Conditions.
2.- The reservation order becomes final on the date that Cusco Local Friend receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and Cusco Local Friend.
3.- All people named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with Cusco Local Friend. The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these people are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of Cusco Local Friend.
4.- We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth) at the time of making the reservation.
FINAL PAYMENTS TERMS:
The remaining balance will be paid in our office in Cusco at least 2 days before your tour start date. However, it can also be paid in advance through PayPal or VISA with a 5.5 percent merchant fee paid by the traveler. Please notify us if paying by Paypal or Visa. In our office, we accept both U.S. and Peruvian currency of any denomination. We do not accept any torn bills. If you are not arriving in Cusco 2 days before your tour begins, please arrange your payment with the Cusco Local Friend team before your arrival.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TREKS & TOURS:
Notification of cancellation must always be made in writing by the person that made the booking and paid the deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our policy for our deposits for our treks and tours is that they are 100% non-refundable. There are no exceptions due to the fact that Cusco Local Friend expends a great deal of expense purchasing permits, entrance tickets, and making deposits for reservations or services, most of which are non-changeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable by government regulation.
- If you cancel eight weeks or more before the date of your departure: Cancellation fees are equal to the amount of your deposit.
- If you cancel eight weeks to 4 weeks before the date of your departure: 60 percent of the total tour or trek price is due.
- If you cancel four weeks to five days before the date of your departure: 80 percent of the total tour or trek price is due.
- If you cancel five days to 48 hours before the date of your departure: 90 percent of the total tour or trek price is due.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the date of your departure: 100 percent of the total tour or trek price is due.
- Cancellation of a trek during the trek is 100% non-refundable unless Cusco Local Friend is determined to be at fault.
CHANGES MADE BY CLIENT
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour, trek or any trip. A $35 USD order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-CHANGEABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, AND NON-REFUNDABLE. DATES CAN NEVER BE CHANGED BY GOVERNMENT POLICY.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY Cusco Local Friend
We always make our best efforts to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with Cusco Local Friend the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a tour, trek, or any trip, due to predominant conditions (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
Cusco Local Friend reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute for a reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regard to accepting the change.
1. We strongly suggest spending time at a high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet – in Cusco or another high altitude area for a minimum of 2- 4 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. By drinking plenty of fluids, adding sugar to your drinks, eating food high in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes, alcohol, and drinking coca tea (ancient traditional leaf) will help your body acclimatize much faster Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about purchasing any medications before traveling.
2. We recommend you arrive in Cusco 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
ABOUT THE BRIEFING:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office at either 6:00pm or 7:00pm. (exact time will be confirmed upon your arrival or by email) A duffel bag will be provided, if you have paid for a sleeping bag it will be given to you at this time.
Before coming to the briefing please have a look our packing checklist in which you will find all of the things you will need to take for the trek or tour.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
Cusco Local Friend Team!