2 DAY HIKE TO MACHUPICCHU
Enjoy a full day hike along the historic Inca Trail. This 7-hour hike will bring you to Wiñay Wayna ruins and through the Sun Gate for your first look at Machu Picchu. You will head down to Aguas Calientes for the evening and bus up to Machu Picchu on day two. This is a good option for people who are relatively fit but don’t want to commit to the longer treks out there.
The Inca Trail is regarded as the most famous trek in South America and is rated by many to be one of the top 5 treks in the world. There are 2 different trek options out there for anyone considering the Inca Trail; you have a 2-day Inca Trail and the standard 4-day Inca Trail. The 2-day Inca Trail is perfect for those who are not used to longer than 2-day treks, as it is relatively easy (not quite!), plus you will have a comfortable hotel bed at the end of the walk rather than camping out in tents.
- Tour Type: Hiking and adventure
- Good For: Those with a sense of adventure and in good hiking shape
- Considerations: This hike itself will take about 6 – 7 hours
- Whole trip Duration: Full Day – About 11 – 12 hours with very early departure
- Distance: 11km/ 8 miles
- Elevation: 2030m (6660ft) – 2650m (8690ft)
- Difficulty: moderate
- Group Size: 2 – 6 travelers
Day 1: Cusco – Km104 – Aguas Calientes
The trip starts in Hotels in Cusco or the Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo and Urubamba Town) where you are picked up from your hotel very early in the morning, then we proceed to drive nearly 2 hours in a private car to Ollantaytambo train station which will take to the start point of the trail. Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days trekking, we’ll arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site, it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check into our hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu!
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
We would like to kindly remind you that We run small group only ( of up to 8 people guaranteed) that is why we can offer a highly personalized service: offering you a more enjoyable time on the trek with more interaction between our participants.
Price per person: – Please contact us
Due to the strict regulations established by Machu Picchu Park, once you have made your booking, space and permit that has been purchased cannot be canceled. It is also impossible to transfer the permit to someone else under a different name, nor can the date of your permit be modified. Therefore, if you are not able to arrive on the scheduled date, No refunds can be given.
Permits are not refundable and We will purchase the permits as soon as the confirmation of the booking is sent to you.
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Round Train ticket
- Private Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo and back
- Round trip Shuttle bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Boxed Lunch on Day 1
- Inca trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees
- No meals except the First Day Lunch
- Accommodation on the first night
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (optional)
- Porters- you are responsible for carrying your own (small) backpack
- While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessarily liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters, these changes might be at the discretion of your travel company.
- Passport: If you have reserved the service with your old Passport and then you have renewed it and obtained another, your passport number has most likely changed. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport, please inform us of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 12.00 and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute.
IMPORTANT: If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed on the trail. Also, if you bring your new passport and failed to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed on the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.